Thursday, April 17, 2008

Avocado

Hey guys, today I'm going to tell you about avocado. Avocado is an amazing fruit that can be prepared as a dessert or as a great addition to a dish. Of course avocado goes great with salad but have you ever thought about mixing it with some cottage cheese? It goes great with it and you can serve it as a topping for grilled chicken or steak. Avocado also great as a dessert, you can mix it with cream cheese or mascarpone cheese and add some sweetened condensed milk and use it as a filling for cakes or cookies. Don't be scared of the fat content, it's healthy fat not the bad kind :) For my sandwiches I like to get the guacomole bags from Trader Joe's and put some with my turkey sandwich!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love trader joes! Thanks so much for the wonderful tips. I adore Mediterranean foods! Blessings to you. -Vanessa :)