Friday, April 11, 2008

Mutabal Batinjan or Baba Ganouj (Ganoush)

Ok here are 2 Mediterranean dishes in which people often confuse the names. Mutabal Batinjan is when the eggplant is combined with sesame paste and some other ingredients. Baba Ganouj is when eggplant is combined with lemon juice, garlic and olive oil, then topped with chopped parsley, tomato, green onion and sometimes green pepper. A lot of restaurants list baba ganouj on their menu when it's actually mutabal batinjan. You can check out my recipe for mutabal on my website, I have it listed as baba ganouj too b/c that's what most people think it's named. Let me know if you have questions, happy cooking :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you baba ganouj. i didn't know there is a difference between the two. i thought they were the same thing! thanks for the recp. looking forward to see more.

Unknown said...

I love all your recipes ! ! With your videos is so easy to cook. Thanks for sharing. My husband was Lebanese and this is my family's favorite food