Tuesday, April 15, 2008

salad and mediterranean vinaigrette

Ok here's my tip for the week. THis is what I do on Sunday's or Monday's, I chop up a big bowl of all kinds of lettuce, cabbage and vegetables that I like in my salads and I put them in a big plastic bowl with a lid and instead of chopping salad every day I can just mix what I want when I want it. Salad usually lasts about 4 days without dressing, if you're using good fresh vegetables. Then what I do is mix up a vinaigrette in a bottle or plastic storage bowl as well. For 4 days of dressing I combine 5 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, salt to taste, 1 tsp sumac, and 1 tsp dried mint, combine all and add as much as you want to your salad. What I like to do sometimes is add some feta cheese on top, I like the double cream feta cheese, it's amazing. THis salad goes great with chicken or steak, happy eating :)

No comments: